Thursday, January 24, 2013

A pleasant surprise

While at work Wednesday night John text me saying Winston came down the stairs all on his own. No coaxing, no whining at the top of the stairs, he just came down.
 Hoping that it wasn't a fluke I waited to see if he'd come down tonight. Just a few minutes after we sat down and flipped on the tube he was making his way downstairs.



After about an hour John went back up to make us dinner and Winston decided to follow. Being so proud and happy I yelled to John that Winston was coming up. With his progress of coming down I was delusional and thought he could handle it himself. That was a big no.
I heard him falling and rushed to help, but I was too late. Luckily it was only a few steps, he landed on his feet and he got right back up, but our wall took a beating.


Not sure what part of his body hit the wall and I felt terrible. I shouldn't have let him go up alone.
John helped him back up while we got dinner ready and I was worried that the small progress made was all ruined and stewed about it all through dinner feeling guilty.

We made our way back down and waited to see if Winston would follow. And he did! And then threw up his dinner on the white carpet.

We're trying to not build up hope, but yay for good Winston news!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh look how happy he is to be down there with you. He is so proud of himself! Yay Winston!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Winston! That's so exciting. Sucks for your wall and carpet. But yay! I'm sure Winston was happy to be with the family downstairs.

    ReplyDelete