Thursday, January 10, 2013

Home - The first four months

I bought January - April's Home "O" block last weekend and busted out my paints, glitter and brushes. After I finished each one I'd hold it up and exclaim to John that it was adorable. He'd agree, but I think it was really just to please me.


FAVE!!!




This kit even came with a cupcake that you can set out for someones birthday. I'm sure it won't get used until we have kids, but it's still pretty cute.



I try to be as cheap as possible with these. The only thing I bought were the wood cut outs ($12) then I used what I had on hand. The paints and glitter are all from my college art classes, the gem stones are left over from my black swan costume, I'm not sure why I had wire for January, but hey I did! and the ribbons...sigh the ribbons...I have a sick fetish with ribbon and will buy it just because it's cute. So I vowed that I would only re-use for this project.
The silver ribbon on march is Christmas ribbon, the purple on April is from the leftover supply from making our wedding invitations (8 rolls left!!) and the blue and yellow on the cupcake, well that's from October's "O".

I bought a Valentine's set while at Wood Connection , but I have so many other projects in the works that it's last on the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment