Monday, January 7, 2013

Winston in January

Winston's hasn't really changed since last month. He can still walk...not gracefully though, still has energy to run around the yard barking at nothing and will still eat.

Saturday evening really put our patience to the test. Winston would not settle down, meaning that it sounded like a heard of elephants upstairs. Then he'd walk to the stairway and cry and cry because he wanted to be with us, but didn't want to come downstairs to do so. We begging, pleaded, bribed and nudged until he decided that he'd come.
Twenty minutes later Winston decided that upstairs was where he wanted to be, he even made it up halfway before I made it to him to help him. John and I had a short conversation about what we're going to do with him. Nothing. He'll be with us until he's in pain or can't walk or looses control of his bowels or all of the above.

When I was brushing my teeth Winston threw up in the hallway, maybe the plastic hanger he ate a few days ago didn't agree with him, but it did seem to help him feel better for at least a few minutes. We knew that sleeping was going to be difficult with this pathetic behavior so ear plugs went in.
I think he just really wanted to be with us because he laid by the closed bedroom door and cried most of the night. John got up three times to make him go back to bed and said that once Winston was back in his bed he was quiet for a few more hours.

I think all the late night activity finally got to him and he slept all day Sunday.


Sunday everything was back to normal and Winston wasn't as needy. I just wish I could do more for him, but we really did all we could. I just have to keep saying that loving him, feeding him and giving him a warm bed to sleep on is enough for him.
I'm glad we did the gold beads because that means that we didn't give up on him .

No comments:

Post a Comment