Tuesday, August 30, 2011

New Addition

Saturday, August 27th we left the house at 3:00 AM (I knew it wouldn't be 1:00 AM) and drove and drove and drove. We luckily found a short cut that map quest didn't mention that cut off 4 hours from our trip and rolled into Casper at 9:00 AM.
Juel, our breeder, handed Winston to me and after a few kisses and face pats from him I had to hand him over to John because he was putting my arms to sleep.


The way home was pretty nice, Winston slept most of the time, but once up he decided that he needed to play so John had to crawl into the back seat to keep Winston from chewing on the truck.

Winston picks what nights he wants to sleep quietly and the nights he doesn't, him and his crate get moved downstairs so the rest of the household can sleep (another reason why I like dogs over babies).
He's sweetie and very calm, just every once in a while he gets random urges to chase our pant legs and chew on our shoes. We'll be hopefully training that out of him very soon.

With Pup Pup news, he has been sold to a mother and her high school son in Washington DC. Once paper work is in order and money has been paid we'll book his flight. I'll miss his sweet face and the way his ears go back when he jumps on the side of the couch wanting to get picked up. But I won't miss how Makoa feels like he needs to proctect Pup when he's trying to play with Winston so Makoa bites Winston. I'm sure once Pup is gone the pack order will develop quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment