Tuesday, August 9, 2011

I need my 8 hours, thank you very much!

Last night I decided that it would be a good idea for the puppy to sleep alone. He’s still trying to eat off Enna (her tummy is looking like it's been in a prison fight scene) and in just a couple weeks he’ll be at a new home (hopefully!).

This meant that we got no sleep, but it wasn’t because of the puppy. He cried himself to sleep after about 45 minutes and only woke up a couple times during the night with some light crying. It was Enna who was depriving us of glorious sleep.
She paced the bedroom making an annoying sigh/whining noise most of the night, kept sniffing under the door loudly, walking in and out of the dog bed disturbing Makoa and every time we moved she thought it was an invitation to jump on the bed. I think I told her to get off at least 8 times.
When John woke up at 4AM to get ready for work she thought it was really rude that he didn’t let her out with him and had to tell everyone so by whining loudly and scratching at the door. She finally calmed down until John walked back into the room to say goodbye, then she started all over.
I dozed back to sleep after 20 minutes or so and then Enna decided that she was wide awake and wanted Makoa to play with her. I had had enough so I locked her in Makoa’s crate in the office and she freaked out, screaming, scratching and yowling. I thought the devil had possessed her. I kept yelling at her to shut up, but finally I just covered my head with the pillow and tried to get at least 45 minutes more of sleep.

I don’t know why I ever thought Makoa was the bad one; he’s always a perfect angel at night only making a peep if he gets sick. I’m sorry Makoa for always blaming you in the past; I now know that Enna is the little shit, not you.

No comments:

Post a Comment