Tuesday, July 12, 2011

puppy updates

Our boerboel breeder sent us a picture of the male puppies so we could pick out the one we wanted, we got first pick which was cool :)
One of the puppies on the right will be ours. The breeder thinks they'll be more red than fawn which we like, so we told her to pick out the one that she thinks will be the bigger of the two.
She says that their eyes are starting to open and they're trying to walk around, really fast since they're only 11 days old. Like I've said before, it's so nice to have a breeder who actually is on top of things and I don't have to beg for updates.

On the home front, Enna's little pup's eyes are open and he's speedy quick on his stumblingly little legs. I'm not sure when their eye color changes so right now they're just look dark blue.

He's hard to take pictures of now because he just wants to explore everything, I'm sure that will only get worse.
We're still hanging out in the office with him and Enna in camp chairs. As you can imagine it's not very comfortable and as soon as I can think of a way to corral him and keep Clod Hopper Makoa and Too Curious Sophi away from him we'll be moving back downstairs to our wonderfully comfy couch.
Our set-up

He'll be ready to go to him new home after August 20th so spread the word to anyone who might want a miniature husky!

P.S. I forgot to mention how the rest of the pack is handling the new addition. Makoa is allowed to sniff the puppy if we're holding him or he's in our lap. He sniffs every inch and wags his tail like crazy. I've tried to see how he'd do with the puppy on the floor, but Enna won't let him come close. She growls and snaps at him.

Sophi's first encounter was when Enna and Makoa were outside. She walked into the room sniffing the puppy's area, when she caught a glimps of the puppy in my lap her eyes got huge and she slowly crawled over to investigate. She sniffed him once and then sat there starring at me. I'm sure she was thinking, "Another creature!! I was so happy being alone!" oh Sophi, just wait, in a few weeks you'll be getting beat up by the biggest puppy/dog you have ever met. You're welcome.

2 comments:

  1. So you're selling the puppy, or your breeder is selling the puppy? I'm confused. I thought the puppy has to go the breeder for breeding purposes...Or does she get the money from the puppy being sold???? Dog breeding is too complicated with too many hoops to jump through, probably a good reason I don't do it. I'd be breaking rules all over the place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're selling the puppy and get to keep the money. If Barbara wanted she could take the dog for free because of the contract we signed, but she'd rather a female than male.

    ReplyDelete