Friday, July 1, 2011

Are you sick of dogs yet?

I should change the name of this blog to All You Ever Needed To Know About Dogs since that’s what it has turned into. I can’t help it if John and I like dogs more than children.

Our Boerboel mommy was due around the 27th of June and knowing dogs I knew that it probably wouldn’t be the 27th, but my impatient brain wanted an email announcing the birth on the 27th. My distraction A.K.A. Enna and her pregnancy had left me undistracted as of Monday morning, her son is adorable, but he’s not mine to keep.
I couldn’t stand it anymore and Monday evening I emailed the breeder to see if there were any puppies yet, her email back didn’t help because she said, “No, but we’re close!”

Tuesday I kept myself busy with lots of household chores, but then Wednesday I was back at work and checking my email 27 times.
Thursday I couldn’t stand it anymore and emailed, “I’m sorry I can’t be patient, but I’m too excited! Any news yet?” and waited and waited and waited. Finally at about 8 PM she emailed me saying that Allie, the mommy, started whelping at 6 PM. After that I checked my phone every 3 seconds knowing that I wouldn’t get an update until all the puppies were born and settled.
Even into the evening when I was trying to sleep I wanted to desperately to check my phone every time it went off, but resisted. Once my alarm went off in the morning I sprung out of bed and grabbed my phone, 6 emails, but none were the ones I wanted.

Work was really busy today, but not busy enough for me to not check my phone when it buzzed. Finally at 2 PM I got the email I was waiting for.
Allie had 6 puppies, 3 male fawns, 2 female brindles and 1 female fawn. I squealed loudly with delight! I kindly reminded the breeder that we would like one of the males and then danced around the office with glee.

I’m glad I have Enna’s boy’s growing up to keep me occupied until September, 8 weeks feels like 1,000 years when you’re a bad waiter like me.
Time to get our dogs whipped into shape before we get our new pup! No chasing the cat, no barking long after the doorbell was rung, and sleeping in a dog bed and not a crate (crate free bedroom goal!!).

Beautiful mother

Handsome father

No comments:

Post a Comment