Monday, July 25, 2011

July Hiking

July 23rd we went hiking to Dog Lake with a few friends and their dogs. I invited my friend Jonessa and her husband so they could take in the fun of dog hiking and they brought her parent’s dog, Buster. In fact the only picture I got from my camera was of Buster, the battery died right after. It wasn't even a good picture.

The trail is not the easiest and I hadn’t done it since last October so most of the group stayed way out in front of me in the beginning, Jonessa stuck back to keep me company. Once you get past the first few hills the trail flattens off and it’s a nice hike with beautiful scenery, but I didn’t pay much attention since A) didn’t have my camera and B) I was focusing on the trail.
The few pictures I have are from others' cameras. At the lake we let the dogs play and we eat some lunch. It’s always a good time.


Pringo and Makoa have a hard time getting along since Pringo wants to mount Makoa any chance he gets. Makoa will put up with it for the first little while, but then he gets sick of it and then starts telling Pringo he has had enough. You think Pringo would learn, but no. They’re in the background in another tiff.

I guess Klee Kais aren’t really water dogs, but you wouldn’t know that with Makoa, he loves to swim. These pictures are from the October hike that I never got around to posting. Pringo was just a little pup and John was trying to get him comfortable with the water by luring him out with treats.



I really need to get my dad out one of these times! I can’t wait for our new little guy, Winston, to be here and all vaccinated so we can start teaching him good off leash hiking and I bet Enna can’t wait for her puppy to be gone so she can start coming with us again, poor thing hasn’t been off leash since April.




No comments:

Post a Comment