Monday, June 8, 2009

♫ Hey baby, lets go to vegas! ♫

John and I just got back from Las Vegas Sunday afternoon and we had a blast! We stayed at Hooters and surprisingly it was really nice, it was a room my aunt would have loved, palm trees on anything and everything they could put them on!
Thursday we walked the strip and went to The Lion King show at Mandalay Bay, Friday we did more walking but also rode the coaster at NY NY, very fun but I think its over priced (what isn't in Vegas?)


We went to the Shark Reef at Mandalay Bay:










and to the wax museum:



My grandpa says John looks like Abraham Lincoln with his facial hair so we took a picture to compare.


This next picture requires some explaining. When John and I went on our honeymoon he bought me a black coral necklace in St. Thomas. Bernard K. Passman is the only man in the world allowed to use black coral and its very very rare. Passman only has 6 stores in the world and I couldn't pass up owning one of his works. Well a few months after our honeymoon Sophi lost my necklace and we have never been able to find it. While we were in Vegas John remembered that one of Passman's stores is at the Venetian so we stopped by to replace my necklace. It feels so good to have the necklace back and I'm going to be keeping it in a nice safe spot from now on!


If you're interested in Passman's work here's a link to his site.
http://www.passman.com/
I wish I could have more of his work, but its just so expensive!

Saturday we went to the Hoover Dam and went on the Dam tour:





They're building a bridge to reduce traffic over the dam, it's really cool!

after the Dam we met up with John's brother who lives in Vegas and he showed us the really cool property that he maintains and then went to see his wife, son and new baby. It was really good seeing them and talking with them for a while.
Then we went back to the strip and did more walking, went to the sirens show at Treasure Island and the flower gardens at the Bellagio (I'm probably spelling that wrong) Then Sunday at 7 AM we left so we could get home in time for puppy class.

3 comments:

  1. He does look like Abraham Lincoln!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to go to the shark reef! That has always fascinated me and Adam!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried to convince him to dress up like Mr. Lincoln but he's a party pooper. The shark reef was cool, but small for the price you pay, but again what isn't over priced in Vegas?

    ReplyDelete