Monday, June 22, 2009

Birthday Time

So my birthday has come and gone, another year has flown by and I'm getting to be an old lady ;)

John bought me this full length mirror I've been hinting at since we moved into our house, it still needs to be mounted on the wall. (I bet it wont be mounted for at least another month and thats only if I push John to do it)


My parents and sister gave me two mini rose bushes, a new purse and a Willow Tree figure of a girl holding a kitty.

For my birthday I got to go to puppy class (I am SOOO lucky! ;)) where it was practice day for graduation. Our trainer wanted us to see how we could do without giving our dogs treats, well lets just say Enna failed with flying colors!

He had scattered treats and toys all over the floor and we had to walk our dogs through it from one corner to the other without them picking anything up, Enna did fine with this. Then we had to have her sit for petting in one corner, again she did fine, and then walk her back across the scattered treats to the starting corner and have her sit and stay for 20 seconds. Enna would get to about 15 seconds and then stand up, the little stinker! It took us 5 minutes to get her to stay for 20 seconds and even then I think the trainer just gave in because she was still wiggly. Then it was to another corner for lay and stay. Again it was nothing but headaches and took about 3 minutes to get her to stay for 15 seconds. The only thing she did extremely well on was come when called and maybe thats the best because its a pretty important thing. Enna ran right to us and didn't pick up any treats on the way over.

Thankfully we can use treats next week because she does really well when she knows she'll get rewarded and that means we can pass the class! yay! I am going to miss the puppy friends we made in class and hopefully they'll move on to intermediate class with us.

Two great presents that I hope come soon are: our couch, yes we're still waiting and I'm getting frustrated. I hope it comes this week. And the job that I had an interview for this morning. I got a call back interview so hopefully thats a good sign.

2 comments:

  1. nice mirror.. it would show my muscualr bod quite nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on puppy school and the new job :)

    ReplyDelete