Saturday, October 27, 2012

On our way

First off, bear with me since I'm blogging from my phone.
We've had a rough start. First the car rental place wasn't located at the airport like the site said and we spent a half hour looking for the shuttle they claim they have before we gave up and drove there. Once there we were informed that we can't take the car to Indiana so I had to scramble to find a car rental place that would. Turns out that a lot of rental places won't let you take their cars east of the Mississippi.

Luckily enterprise will, but we're paying $200 more than we were going to. Also all our planning on what car would get the best gas mileage went out the window since all the had was a Hyundai Tuscon. It's very small and the roof rack we borrowed almost fell off after we went 50 miles so all our crap had to be shoved in the back seat with Ben. In the beginning I wanted to rent a Ford Edge since that's the car I want to buy, but chose not too because it would have been over $400 on just the rental. Turns out that this Hyundai was the same price and I really could have rented an Edge...if whatever rental company that has one would let us take it over the Mississippi.

Winston seems pretty happy in the back though, his bed fits perfectly.
1,500 miles here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment