Monday, October 22, 2012

October weekend

Last weekend was busy, but such a nice weekend.
Saturday my best friend and I went to Wood Connection to get a craft to do together. It was so fun shopping for supplies and working on the projects together. I had a blast catching up with her and we both agreed to do it again in the future.


John and I then went to Thriller that evening. With it being my first time and not really thinking I bought tickets in the front row on the left side of the stage, I also sat right in front of the stairs. I'm a huge scardy cat and before we even got in the building I knew that this was going to  be a problem since they had "zombies" walking around scaring people. I tried to put on a brave face though and not show my fear so they wouldn't pay attention to me. I LOVED the show, they could have done less scaring in the audience though, I just thank God that I wasn't sitting in an isle.
I want to go again next year, but maybe get a balcony seat so they can't scare me :) I'm the biggest baby since they said it was a family friendly show.

Sunday I planted my 400+ bulbs that I ordered from colorblend and direct gardening. I ordered tulips, daffodils, irises and lilies, and I'm so excited for spring now.



We emptied out our compost bin and it filled our garden quite a bit and since we didn't have anything planted in the bed it made it easier, I just laid out the bulbs where I wanted them and didn't have to dig any holes.  We didn't have enough dirt to cover the bulbs though so we had to buy more dirt from Lowe's.
Buying the dirt from Lowe's was cheaper than the biograss cube, but it was still $100 for 14 bags. I knew before we left Lowe's that we didn't have enough, but with Winston's thing coming up I didn't want to spend more than that. Hopefully it won't snow early and next month we can get more dirt.

Not a bare spot on the whole garden! It'll be beautiful in the spring!


Filled with dirt! We'll need probably another 14 more bags  to get it filled to where we want it.

While I laid out the bulbs John worked on the side of the house. He built a little "gold mining screen" and washed the dirt of the rocks that we moved over from the parking strip last year so that when they're in the final resting home they won't grow weeds. More on that later, but the side of the house should be done soon.


We also moved Winston's house to where it's going to live now so my yard isn't looking so cluttered now. I'm pretty sure that the neighbor children will climb from the wall to it and fall into my yard and break their necks, but hopefully my dogs will eat them before their screaming gets too annoying.


The back yard still needs a lot of work and money, but hopefully by next year operation "Back Yard" will be completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment