Wednesday, September 26, 2012

New trees

When I bought the little trees that sit next on my hearth of my basement fireplace I thought I didn't want lighted ones. I can't remember why I thought that though because last week I decided that I did want them lit to fill the dark corner.
I grossly under estimated how long of light strands I'd need and bought short strands off amazon here and here. Thinking that 5.5 feet would be more than enough for my small two foot tree. um no...not even close. So I went to target and bought from their already set up Christmas selection, a regular lengthed strand and one half the length.

I came home yesterday and set to work lighting the trees, John said nothing to me while he sat on the couch, I'm sure he's use to my weird out bursts by now.
I think they look adorable. They're powered by a timmer that turns them on in the evening Monday through Friday and all day Saturday and Sunday, I'm obsessed with timmers.
For dramatic affect here they are with lights off:


I was in a decorating mood after that and wanted to buy new curtains to add to my family room, but John wasn't on board so that'll have to wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment