Sunday, January 8, 2012

I wasn't all lazy this weekend

This weekend I took a break from my TV and movie watching to install a switch I bought months ago. John had quiet a list of things to get done around the house before we left for Cancun and he just never had time to put in the switch.
Since I'm an electrical pro I figured it was a task I could handle. It was a breeze to install and I had it programed in no time.
  It's a switch to have the porch light turn on and off on a set schedule. I'm very picky about wanting the light on all night and I like them turned on the minute it starts getting dark, but I'm not always home to do that, now I won't have to worry. I bought the switch off Amazon since no home improvement store in the valley had anything like it. It's wasn't cheap either, but very worth it in my opinion.
Lets just hope that it turns on tonight when it's suppose to.

I also bought a very tall plant this weekend and now I'm thinking, "this is a very tall plant!" It's suppose to go under that new light switch, but it's too tall for the space. I'll either have to find it a new home or return it for a shorter plant.

Before we left for Cancun John installed a new faucet for the downstairs bathroom. The old one leaked terribly and I didn't want Jonessa and Derek to have to deal with it. The installation really kicked John's butt and the faucet that got installed isn't the one originally bought. The first one came from Wal-mart, but once John got in put in place he realized that it was a used fixture and the hot water leaked. He had to take it out and put in a new one. After many hours of fighting with taking it out and getting the new one (one bought from Lowe's this time) he told me that I'm not allowed to buy any new plumbing fixtures for at least 6 months.

I wish I could say that the downstairs bath is now finished, but water is leaking under the tiles in the shower and leaving it smelling really damp and probably giving us a terrible mold problem. We'll have to take out the old tile and re-tile soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment