Monday, January 30, 2012

Miscellaneous

I have tired brain this morning from waking up an hour earlier for my new work schedule, who would think that an hour would make such a difference?
On Friday I made up my own recipe just because I was too lazy to actually look up a recipe. It turned out so yummy even if it was a little messy to make.

Ingredients to Nikki's Wonderful Chicken
Chicken breasts
1 cup of Ranch dressing (I used peppercorn ranch so I didn't add more seasonings, you might need to if you use just regular ranch)
4 oz of sour cream
2 - 3 strips of cooked bacon - pulverized (I used my magic bullet, yes I have one of those, don't judge!)
1 - 2 cups of bread crumbs
1/2 cup cheddar cheese

Directions
Pre-heat oven to 350.
Mix ranch and sour cream together. Coat chicken liberally with ranch mixture and then press on bacon. Then coat chicken with bread crumbs.
For a crunchy top add some of the cheese now.
Bake for 40 minutes, take out to top with cheese. Bake for another 5 - 10 minutes.

In other, not food related, news. I went to a laundromat for the first time last week. If that makes me a little snobbish...well I guess there's no preventing that.
A couple weeks ago Winston came running in from the backyard with ubber muddy paws, ran down the hallway and jumped onto my freshly made bed.



Imagine those muddy prints in the picture above all over my new comforter. It was awful. Another awful thing is that the comforter is too big for my front load washing machine. I laid it out in the craft room until I had time and remembered to take it to the laundromat.
I finally remembered to go last week and I made John come with me, well, because it's a laundromat!
At first I felt very out of place and scared (sad I know), but after we plugged in my ear phones and started watching some Netflix I decided that laundromats are awesome! The soothing sounds and smells of laundry in the background, eating candy we bought from the gas station next door, watching TV shows on a little screen, how fun! I wanted another reason to come back, but I'm sure it would get old fast since I hate putting away laundry and usually just leave it in the dryer until it's time to do laundry again...can't really do that at a laundromat.
With a face like that though, I wasn't too mad about the mud. I just close the bedroom door before letting him inside now.

No comments:

Post a Comment