Tuesday, September 18, 2012

August's block of the month

I've procrastinated all my quilt blocks, but this one took the cake. I had to wake up at 7AM the Saturday off my class to finish the block by 10AM, luckily it went together really smoothly.

The only flying geese triangle ruler I have was too big for this block and since I procrastinated I didn't have time to go buy the correct size so I just made my own template out of freezer paper. It worked wonderfully and I'm pretty proud of myself. I don't think I could have made it without my other ruler and instructions as guides, but I still made it.

I watched more Daria while sewing, I'm almost done with the seasons so I'll have to think of something else to watch soon.
This isn't my sewn block, (I never got around to taking a picture of it) this is the demonstration one in class, but it's the correct block.

No comments:

Post a Comment