Tuesday, March 6, 2012

My grandma's hope chest

When my grandma was moved into a nursing home she didn't have room to take all of her belonging so they got divided up between family members. I got her hope chest and while I loved it's size and shape, I didn't like it's color or seat.


A couple Sundays ago I sanded the old finish off and John sprayed the chest black to match the other furniture in our room.
I re-upholstered the seat in a fabric I just love and bought new hardware. Everything is done except for the hardware. John needs to put in on since I'm scary with drills (I won't show you how many divots are in wall from when I tried to hang up curtains without John), but he's been working insane hours and I feel bad asking. He's going on 16 days in a row of 12 hour days, he has to keep working until the job is done so I probably won't see much of his this weekend either. I was tired of waiting to post pictures though so here's the chest.


I'll take better pictures when the hardware is actually on which will hopefully be soon, but when your husband comes home and falls on the bed sideways, fully dressed and falls asleep in seconds you feel bad asking him to do anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment