Monday, February 27, 2012

well...

My no vet wish didn't come true. After a few nights in his crate with no signs of sickness I let Makoa sleep in our room again and again he had diarrhea. I was at a loss, how can he act fine during the day and he's fine all night in his crate for days and then have diarrhea? I begrudgingly called the vet. 

 Even the day of his appointment I kept considering to call and cancel, but I went anyway. Makoa is now on anti-anxiety medication. The vet thinks that the change of my schedule has gotten to the little guy and it stresses him out at night. I'm supposed to give him the medication before bed time and it should stop all problems.

The first night with the meds I made him sleep in his crate, I just didn't want to deal with any messes. But last night I let him sleep in our room and crossed my fingers tight. We woke up to a clean floor so hopefully that means it's working.
The vet said that some dogs just need a little bit of help to get over a stressful time and he can maybe get off it in a month, worse case scenario is that he'll have to be on it the rest of his life. Money wise I don't want that, but he is a special dog in all aspects....

No comments:

Post a Comment