Saturday, November 5, 2011

Opertion Clean-up Craft Room

I hunkered down Saturday night and cleaned up my craft room that hadn't been touched (except to put more crap in it to store) for over a year.
It really wasn't that bad since I've never been much of a "keeper of things" so it didn't take long to get it back into livable status, only about 2 hours or so while watching 28 Days.

I found the cheapo DVD player that I swore on Halloween was stolen in the last break-in, it was really just hiding under a puzzle John started years ago. John also started working on the puzzle again while I cleaned :).
I found WAY too many cable TV cords, how in the world did we get so many when we only have two TVs? What do you do with an abundance of cable cords?
I found a few dead spiders (no alive ones), less that I actually thought I would, but two big buggers that got sucked up into the vacuum. I came prepared though and was wearing long sleeves, long pants, socks and gloves, no brown recluse bites for me!
I threw away a really big bag of trash and finally vacuumed up the glass from the broken window. I gathered up all the old gaming systems, put them in their own plastic bags and posted them on KSL.

Now before you look at these pictures don't expect the best craft room you have ever seen. I don't have enough storage for all the fabric so it's still in plastic bags and I have a lot of unfinished projects that got moved to my sewing table. Yes my sewing table is a folding table, I like it and don't plan on changing it any time soon. It's easy to sew big quilts on and it's only a folding table so I don't have to be super careful on it. I'm still pleased with how the room looks now, too bad I didn't take before pictures.


Back when Makoa was going through his bad separation anxiety he chewed the corners of the couch's decorative pillow cases when we left him alone in the family room for 3.2 seconds. First order of business is to fix them and get them back on the couch. Also Winston sleeps down here because he's a loud sleeper.
 

I'm getting a bonus at work the end of the month and I've decided that I'm going to use some of the money to help get this room in better condition. I'm excited to get the window molding fixed, some colored paint on the walls and better storage.
Some further down the road dreams are to get a small flat screen TV mounted on the wall and a cute chair and side table under it. Carpet might go and be replaced with the Pergo that's in the hallway, that's only if I can beg John to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment