Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Happy Halloween 2011

This year for Halloween we did a lot more than we usually do. My work takes Halloween very seriously so I've dressed up the last few years, but John never does. This year my friend invited us along to a radio station's Halloween party and John didn't want to be the only one not dressed up.
He borrowed his cousin's mad hatter costume and really rocked it.
 The guy next to John is 10 variations of Johnny Depp, we guessed 8.
Here's John, myself and my friend Mindy as a flapper.

I made my black swan costume by gluing feathers and rhinestones onto a leotard and made my tutu from tulle. It was really fun and very easy. I was the only black swan at the party and at work which really surprised me.


The house was decorated, but my hanging lanterns didn't reflect the light really well. John said that I should try lining them with tin foil for next year.


We also got an uninvited Halloween guest. A black widow spider made her home in my craft room window well. My mom invited me to join her quilting club so that actually gives me a reason to clean out the craft room that hasn't been touched since the break in last September. I was going to start tonight, but the spider was creeping me out so much that I had to stop and told John that he needed to kill it. I guess his parents' house gets a lot of black widows so he knows the best way to kill them. Out he went with a can of WD40 and a box of matches and fried Ms. Spider to a crisp.
The little fuzziness on the inside of the window is wood splinters from where the molding had to be pulled off to install the new window. Like I said, the room hasn't been touched.

Halloween was pretty fun this year, but I'm glad it only comes once a year. It's a lot of work to get all that dressed up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment