Saturday, June 25, 2011

She's pregnant!

We've been taking Enna's temperature since Monday and it started to drop slowly Friday night, she was also pretty restless and was up most of the night. So I moved her x-ray to today, I felt like I was going to throw up with nervousness all morning and once we got to the vet sitting in the waiting room was killer.

The tech brought us back to the room and the vet (not our usual vet, he was off, that's why I had originally scheduled for Monday) felt her tummy. She said, "Oh I think there's one in there for sure!" and my heart fluttered, but I was hoping for more than one.
They took Enna back to be x-rayed and it felt like forever until they brought her back and then other eternity while the x-rays developed.
Then the vet stuck her head in the door and said, "Congrats!"
I asked, "How many?"
"Two! Do you want to see them?"
Looking at those x-rays was amazing, two little pups growing inside my pup. The vet said that when she first saw Enna she thought that there was no way she could be pregnant, but my gut told me that she was.

Because of Enna's low temp we're expecting the puppies this weekend. I don't feel at all ready, it kinda suck up on us.

No comments:

Post a Comment