Monday, June 20, 2011

Moab hiking

*Two of the dogs caught Giardia from the stream (not my dog!) so be aware if you go.*



With 6 people and 4 dogs in the truck we headed off to Moab, the drive felt longer than I remember but maybe that's because I was squished in the middle in the back seat.
Once we got to our dog friendly hotel and checked in we changed into our hiking clothes and headed off to Negro Bill Trail head. 

It was weird walking through all that red sand but my keens were perfect for it. Speaking of keens, I bought mine online because I had a gift card. I can wear children's shoes and I usually buy them because they're so much cheaper than women's shoes. When my shoes came John called me and asked who I was buying shoes for, I thought he was mad at me, but he was questioning my ability to read. :) I accidentally bought infant sized shoes instead of the size that would fit me, but in my defense the site had ALL the sizes listed on one page (infant, children, men and women) and it was difficult to figure out what was what.

The trail was fantastic and my favorite part of the trip. There was a nice creek through the whole hike and we walked through it just because we could. 
The dogs found deep holes in the creek and really enjoyed themselves.




That is until Pringo found a too deep spot for him and Doc's stick went up on the rock.


The hike ended at a natural stone bridge that had a little stream running through the rocks under it. This is where Mindy won Makoa's heart by feeding him way too much beef jerky.
He'll now crawl into her lap whenever she sits down, to Makoa that equals pure love.






Only one dog ran through the cactus (it wasn't even my dog!) and we couldn't have asked for better weather. 
Once we get our waterproof disposable camera developed I'll post about our river rafting.



No comments:

Post a Comment