Monday, December 21, 2009

What's in a name?

Makoa's UKC registered name is HOT's (Heart of Texas) Caen and he was called Caen for 6 months of his life. Well John and I couldn't wrap our heads around calling our dog the Son of Perdition so we searched for a new name to call our pup before he came to our home.

We just couldn't agree on anything, we wanted something unique but not too hard to say and with John working some really long hours we didn't have much time to search online.
One day we had gone to Memory Grove with Enna for a little walk and when we got back into the car to go home we caught the end of an ad on the radio. All we heard was "Maakoa is fearless....are you?" and I said Makoa out loud and John and I both knew that we had the name picked out.

But what was this Makoa? I searched online but all I got was that it was a city in Poland...why would Poland be advertising in Utah? So I gave up the search.
This past weekend John and I were driving to Lehi and came across a billboard that said "Maakoa is fearless...are you?" and gave the website! We were finally going to see where we got his name from!
After the party I looked it up and this is the site I got, Maakoa.com, we were just spelling it wrong! Makoa is (as far as I can tell) a juice type company located here in Utah, I'm not sure where they got the name but I'm guessing it may be Hawaiian from the double a's.

Only one thing wrong...Makoa is definately not fearless.

No comments:

Post a Comment