Thursday, December 3, 2009

Does this happen to everyone or is it just me?


During some of my down time at work I was reading through some articles and I came upon the band Relient K. I haven't listened to Relient K in YEARS let alone thought about them and I suddenly had a deep longing to listen to them (curse you old car that isn't cool enough to have a CD player!). Of course I had to text my high school chum and remind her how much we loved them!

Lets go back to yester year and I'll tell you the touching tale of how Relient K stumbled into my life.
Picture this, Jessi and I sitting in German class, 11th grade I think, chatting it up like we usually did once the teach released us to work on work books and Chad (Mr. Chadly as we deemed him, we had a deep love of nick names back then)was jambing away with his CD player. Of course we had to bug him and ask what he was listening to, he tells us of wonderful Relient K and Jessi and I commandeered his CD player the rest of class.
We were then determined that we must own this Relient K and off to Wal-Mart we went after school. Funny story, Relient K is in the gospel section! Yup, they're a christian rock band!

Le Sigh and here I am with only one of their CDs and I haven't listened to them in I'd say...oh about 5 YEARS!

Am I the only one who forgets things for years on end, remembers them and then recalls how much I loved it?

No comments:

Post a Comment