Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Past year thoughts


As the new year fast approaches I sit here thinking of the past year and the things that have happened.

~ We did a lot of home remodeling (with even more to come) - it made me appreciate John's do-it-yourself skills because we never had to pay someone.
~ Friends got married, had babies, moved away ect. - it taught me that lives change but it's up to me to have the change be positive for me.
~ We got and lost a dear puppy in 16 hours - it taught us to love more deeply and dearly because you never know when it's a loved one's time to go.
(since I never did a Kora post, my heart was just too broken, I'll post a few pictures)





~We got the sister of our first dear puppy - it taught us to cherish the ones we love.

~ I was laid off and had a new job in a week and a half - it taught me how to be grateful because many weren't as lucky.
~Our house was broken into - it taught us that our things are just things and can be replaced.
~We got another puppy in a blink of an eye - firstly it taught me to really think things over before big decisions (we really should have), secondly it taught me to appreciate how well behaved Enna is and thirdly is taught me how to control my temper and not yell at a dog that wouldn't get why i was yelling at him anyway. We do love him though even if he's driven me insane.

~ And lastly our two year anniversary came around - i learned that I have a greater love for John then ever before (and it will grow). He's my best friend, my rock, my worry free zone, my shoulder to cry on, my clown, and the best thing that has ever happened in my life.

I hope everyone has a safe and happy new year and you fulfill all your new year's resolutions!

1 comment:

  1. Good way to look at things Nikki! I need to be more of a postive thinker like you:)

    ReplyDelete