Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Going back to school

*UPDATE*
My transcrips weren't evaluated in time so I wont be going back to school until the spring. Looking at the bright side, now I will have extra money to spend on christmas presents...or not :)


I dont know why but I've kept the info that I'm going back to school in the fall hush hush, I guess its because I dont think I got on the ball soon enough and I'm worried that my transcripts wont be reviewed soon enough or the class I want will be full.

But yes, my plan is to go back to school in the fall for interior design. It is an Associates of Arts degree and I'm all but done with all the classes you have to take to get it. As of right now I just need to finish my foreign language and take figure drawing (yes that is drawing naked people...yay), but thats just to get Associates of Arts. I dont know if Interior Design tacks on some extra things, I need to go talk to someone.

So next month I should be in school,that is IF I can get the stupid "My Page" thing with SLCC to work! It is so not user friendly at all! I'm trying to see if I can register for classes yet but the button SLCC home page is telling me to click on is no where on the page! SIGH! If I'm not smart enough to work the "My Page" page then maybe I'm not smart enough to go back to school!

I think its time to set up an appointment with an acedemic advisor, maybe s/he will do all the registering for me. One can only hope.

Right now I'm VERY excited to go back for interior design. I feel like thats a career I can truely be happy with because it envolves my 3 favorite things: shopping, decorating and spending other people's money :) I'm also hoping that it would mean that I could have my own business one day and set up my own schedule to work around the kids.

Now its time to set aside the money to pay for school ...boooo...so I dont think we'll have any expensive home projects for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment