Saturday, July 25, 2009

Almost there

The basement hallway is getting there. John, his dad, brother and cousin helped him do some sheet rocking today and after a few set backs they got most of it done.

This picture is to show how dark the hallway was without lights even in the middle of they day. The light coming out of the living room is from the fish tank, with that off it was really dark. We also replaced the doors, if you noticed, for a more updated look.



I am loving the lights! I think thats my favorite part since the height of the ceiling before didn't affect me :)



Here's a view of the new ceiling and a can light, it doesn't have it's decorative trim around it yet.



Here's the laundry room part, we still need to put up doors to the laundry room that we took out almost a year ago.



So now we (John) just need to finish putting up the door way sheet rock pieces and patch some of the holes, mud, prime and paint. I'm guessing it will take another couple of weeks. After this I'm thinking we wont do another big project for a while, this tested a lot of people's patience.

We are going to finish the guest room soon though, but that's nothing major. My sister needs a place to sleep while my parents go out of town....well I guess she could just sleep on the floor.... naw we'll be nice :).

No comments:

Post a Comment