Monday, April 27, 2009

Our new puppy!

Well we got our new puppy, Enna (eee-na), Sunday the 19th at 12:15 PM.
She took the plane ride well and fell asleep on my lap on the way home.
Once home she bounded around the backyard and was full of energy! She would pounce on the leaves and eat all the sticks!
Then it came time to introduce her to Sophi, John let Sophi out of the house and Sophi stopped dead in her tracks when she saw that we brought home another creature. Enna snuck up to her until she was about 2 feet away and then promptly turned around and ran away with her tail between her legs crying. The second meeting went a little better since I picked Enna up and John had Sophi, just some hissing on Sophi's part.
My family came over later that evening to see little Enna, of course she showed off her cuteness and pranced around, but she was still a little skitish from everything being new and wouldn't come near them and would run away if they came close (I also think she thought of it as one big game)

I took the week off to help Enna adjust to her new schedule and get a start on potty training. She's such a good puppy! At night when we put her in her crate for bed she whines for a few minutes and then sleeps through the night and doesn't make a sound until John or I get up the next morning.
Last week I would get up with John at 5, take her out to potty and then let her run around and eat breakfast until John left for work. Then it was back into the crate so I could sleep a couple more hours! She was really good, but would start to get bored around 7:30 and start chewing on her crate, luckily it was something I could sleep through.
She then got to spend the rest of the day with me playing, starting to learn her new commands (she hears "drop it!" a lot!) and chasing the cat. (she thinks this is a blast, Sophi on the other hand hates it!)

Everywhere we go with her we get a mob around us! Of course she's just so cute that people just flock to her, its fun to tell people what breed she is and all the breed. I think she likes the attention too :)

I have one more week to get through before I sleep through the night and stop worrying because then I'll know that she's safe from getting Parvo from the house/yard, but so far she's doing great and being her puppy self!

Puppy preschool starts May 10th and we're looking forward to it! She's still a little Skitish around new people but not nearly as bad as she was Sunday!





2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you and John! Puppy school is amazing. Are you taking it thru PetsMart? If so, it's really good. She won't be nearly as skittish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is just so dang cute and I'm so glad that she's doing well!!!

    ReplyDelete