Monday, April 22, 2013

Green things are growing

It's surprising what a few weeks will do!


The fence has done wonders keeping the dogs out and my bulbs are doing fantastic. When I bought over 400 bulbs I was thinking that it would be way too much and I'd have to sell what wouldn't fit, but now I think it was the perfect amount.
The flowers in the back are a few weeks behind the flowers in the front yard. The don't get a lot of sun in the back yard so most are barely starting to open. Once all the tulips open it's going to be a mass of color!

I bought a daffodil mix from color blends that has at least 85 different varieties and I had no idea what any were when I was planting them. I'm loving see what blooms. Here are a few so far:
This is the first species to bloom, doing so a couple weeks ago. Of course it was behind a sprinkler!


This is just a little baby daffy, adrobs! (that means adorable in teen talk)


This one was hard to get a picture off because it's in the back of the garden, but I've never seen one like it before. It's center is very poky.

Oh how I love spring! It really makes living through the bitter cold of winter worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment