Wednesday, April 3, 2013

**Update** Fences For Flowers

The dogs seem to think that the back garden was made just for them to romp and roll through and with green things now starting to grow this had to stop.
The fencing put up was from Lowe's is about 2 feet tall and comes in 10 foot sections for $13. We bought 7 sections and used about 6 and 1/4.

It's not ideal, I'd rather have nothing, but short of installing an electric invisible fence and having the dogs wear shock collars we weren't sure what to do.
"Leave it" only works if you're there to enforce it and with how fascinated the dogs are with the left corner, where the cats sit and tease, I needed something more restrictive.
  
The 400 bulbs I planted in the fall are coming up nicely. 

The fence has gaps in it that Enna could fit through if she really wanted, but I'm hoping she's not that smart. This big thing is to keep Winston out since he'll crush plants with his dinner plate sized feet. 


Since the fence is green and thin it blends in really well, you don't really even notice it when you're standing across the yard. I just hope that it's not too thin that Winston will plow through it, I guess only time will tell.

We had plans to fertilize the lawn, but the Saturday morning snow nipped that in the bud. Hopefully we can do it next weekend. I'll post more of the flowers when there's more to them.  

**UPDATE**
An hour after we put the fence up Winston had plowed through it to bark at a cat. Then when I was fixing the fence Makoa decided that he needed to be with me and tried to jump in, got caught on the fence and then went into panic mode. Since then the dogs have left it alone and my flowers have been safe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment