Saturday, December 15, 2012

5 whole years

John and I have been married 5 years today. Some days it feels like 2 weeks and others it feels like 2,564 years.
Numbers divisible by 5 are supposedly a big deal, but John and I screwed that up by going to Cancun last year and this year we spent all our money on Winston. Because of this I though that this year we wouldn't do anything major, so I was surprised when John out of the blue one evening started listing off prices for things. We had a little money left in our savings so John thought that we needed to do something.

We talked about going to Vegas to see a Cirque Du Soleil show, but that was vetoed pretty quick when we decided that we didn't want to spend another minute in the car and flying was more than we wanted to spend. Then we tossed about the idea of staying at a nice place downtown, fancy eating out and possibly a show. Finally John had the idea of buying season tickets to a playhouse, something we ALWAYS wanted to do, but never had to money when it was time to buy. We both decided that that was exactly what we wanted, celebrate our anniversary all year long with a nice dinner the night of.

So 2013 will be the year of the shows (as long as the world doesn't end in 6 more days):
  • We have season tickets to Salty Dinner Theater, a fun little traveling group that we went to last year. We go with my parents and everyone has a grand ole time. We recommend Joe Morley's if you choose to take in a show.
  • At Ballet West we'll be seeing The Nutcracker tomorrow, Cinderella in February and Aladdin in April. We got a good deal where we basically get The Nutcracker free.
  • We'll be seeing Les Miserables at Pioneer Theatre (their season tickets were more than we wanted to spend, but we wanted this show) on May 30th with killer seats. So so so excited!
  • And finally we bought season tickets for Hale Center in West Valley. We went to South Pacific at the Orem Hale Center to decide which theater we wanted to go to. West Valley won out because Orem is so far way for one and the stage is just so awesome at west valley.
Today we'll probably take in a movie and enjoy some time together at home. After the Nutcracker we're going to go to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse for dinner.

Now I get to brag about how awesome John is, I'm never mushy so you can put up with it for one post:

  • John gets up the second his alarm rings so he won't wake me up at 4AM. He then gets dressed in the dark to let me sleep.
  • He's unbelievably easy to live with. He's very clean and always puts things away after he's done with them and clothes get put in the hamper. I'm by far messier to live with.
  • He's easy to cook for since he likes all foods. Not once in our marriage has be complained about what I made. He always eats it thankfully.
  • He makes dinner for me on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays so that when I get home from my first job I can have something to eat before my second job (yes I have a second job, it's not even worth talking about).
  • He always puts laundry away because he know it's a hated job of mine.
  • He never complains about the never ending amazon packages that end up on our doorstep.
  • He loves the pets just as much as I do. When he thinks I'm not looking he'll even cuddle up with the cat.
  • He's such a hard worker. Some weeks he'll work 60+ hours and never complain once.
  • He's very handy, if he doesn't know how to fix something he'll learn. He's spent many hours with my dad to learn auto mechanics.
How in the world did I get so lucky? I love that man so very much and I'm glad to call him my best friend. No one else would fit with me or put up with me quite like he does.

No comments:

Post a Comment