Friday, June 22, 2012

Just another typical morning for me

So this fine morning I got up an hour earlier so I could leave my house earlier to scavenge for my dogs' meals AKA heading to the butchers.
Normally this is a smooth process, I stop at one to pick up 60 pounds of turkey necks and then head over the the other for the 40 pounds of pork and 40 pounds of chicken necks. Then since all is frozen rock solid, I leave it in my trunk and head to work.

Well this morning didn't go so smoothly. I was late leaving to the first butcher's meaning that I was in a rush to make it to work on time. When I got to the first they didn't have my order ready, the order I placed on Monday and was told that it would only take 24 hours to fill, so they were rushing to get it ready. This meant that I couldn't run to the next place and I had to go home since the pork wasn't frozen. After waiting 20 minutes for my order, I called my boss to inform her that I wouldn't be in for another half hour.

I rushed home, rearranged my freezer and shoved the box in, coming and going in whirl wind speed. I was proud of how fast I was and merrily sang along to my ipod on my way to work.
I then got about 5 minutes away from work and realized that I was wearing flip flops when I have to have closed toed shoes in my area.
I then U turned the most graceful U turn you have ever seen and speed home. Flew into the house, grabbed another pair of shoes and flew out. I finally made it to work, but I was an hour late.

An hour late because I can't feed my dogs kibble....

No comments:

Post a Comment