Saturday, October 1, 2011

And it's outta here!

Another fall project is done. I can't take much credit for it, since I mostly stood around and watched John do all the work. I got bored/tired/hot/unmotivated pretty quickly when it came to digging.
The dogs were just as helpful as me :)

After a couple hours of digging we borrowed a chain to attached to John's truck to help rip the bush out.
Here John is hooking it to the bush, but it didn't work with the first few pulls so it was back to digging. I actually started helping again...for a few minutes.
The next few pulls got the bush moving but it was still stuck pretty good. John had had enough of digging so he just moved the chain around to get a better grip.
Stuck by one root, so so close!

And it's finally out! The neighbor came over to see our progress and I asked him how long the bush had been there. He said that they moved in in 1980 (!) and the bush was there then and pretty big. It made me feel a little bad for about 3 seconds. Now we can finally order the vinyl fence...after we talk to said neighbor.

No comments:

Post a Comment