Monday, April 6, 2015

Craft room art

My craft room got a small facelift a few weeks ago. I plan on making it my art room, where any and all art I like can live. A place for my geekiness and weird loves so I can still look like a functioning, normal adult in the rest of my house.
I only have a few pieces now because I want the perfect ones since my wall space is so small. I also picked very thin silver frames for the same reason, I want the art to be the focus and wall space not be taken up by frames.

These two hang behind my desk, they were actually from a Mary Engelbreit calendar from years ago. I kept them specifically to hang them one day. I'd like to think the one on the left is obvious why I kept it...a red head and a blonde...sisters maybe?

The bat drawing came from an artist off Etsy, PentwaterPaper. With my obsession with bats, it was a no brainer to pick up this adorable guy. My sister bought me the adorable Toothless for Christmas, the picture doesn't do justice, the colors are bright and beautiful.


This clock style is not original, but I love the look of it so I wanted to create my own. I bought some numbers from Micheal's and covered them with silver glitter. The clock hands are from amazon and have worked out pretty well. I applied double stick tape to the back of the numbers and John did his thing to get everything to line up perfectly.

The next thing isn't really art, but it's something I'm really loving. I've been wanting storage for my stamp inks, but most shelving units were a pretty penny so I was saving my money. Then I came across a pin on pinterest by accident that had me all smiles. It's a storage shelf made out of foam core board and I used her instructions as inspiration, but John helped me redesign it to fit my needs. John did most of the cutting because he's such a perfectionist and he helped assemble it. It wasn't easy at all, but so very worth it.   

I know my blogging is very sporadic these days, I'm sorry about that, but life just gets busier and busier. I love my job and I'm so very thankful for it, but I'm mentally exhausted by the end of the day so sitting in front of a computer when I get home doesn't sound fun.
It's also coming up on quilt season for me and I need to haul ass to get three quilts done by June, three quilts that I haven't even started on. :) So I guess I'm saying that my blogging is going to stay sporadic.


No comments:

Post a Comment