Tuesday, July 24, 2012

We be grillin'

John and I had a really nice weekend and to top it off we decided to grill some pizzas for dinner Sunday night.

I made my own sauce just because I can. Since I hardly ever measure when cooking I can just tell you what I used and you can figure out the measurements. 14oz diced tomatoes blended, but still chunky, oregano, basil, parsley, garlic, onion powder, salt, pepper and sugar. Simmered over low heat.

This pizza crust is nice because it doesn't have to rise, but still tasty.

  • 1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
  • 1 teaspoon white sugar 
  • 1 cup warm water
  • 2 1/2 cups flour (like all my recipes I use 1/2 white and 1/2 whole wheat)
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 - 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese 
  • 2 teaspoons garlic salt
  • 2 teaspoons Italian spices
In a medium bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes. Stir in flour, salt, oil and the rest of the ingredients. Beat until smooth. Let rest for 5 minutes. 
Knead onto a floured surface and divide into 4 sections. Roll and pat out each section REALLY thin. Brush one side with with olive oil and place oiled side directly on grill, cook 3 - 5 minutes, once cooked it shouldn't stick to the grill. Pull off grill and brush uncooked side with olive oil. Top cooked side with a light amount of sauce (too much and it'll be soggy) and other toppings. 
Place back onto grill for another 3 minutes, checking bottoms for burning.  

MMM MMMM MMMMMMMM! Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment